Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Sandblasted Savoir Faire

As mentioned in a previous blog here in Toronto we had our annual outdoor art show, with a fabulous lot of artists and their works.

Walking through I was captivated with the glass art of Nick Chase. What caught my eye were the wonderful shapes, colours and Lalique like quality of his work. The finish on these pieces was perfect and certainly reminded me of Lalique. These are all hand blown and then sandblasted to within an inch of their lives.



Wonderful spheres and other shapes with cut out pieces in the most stunning of colours with the contrast of another colour inside glowed like jewels. These were museum quality pieces and I hope that one day Mr. Chase’s work ends up in one.





To say that I want one is an understatement!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin