Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Busting Out with Savoir Faire


I can’t help but notice the trend starting to develop on using busts as a decorating element in interiors these days. Several of my fellow bloggers have illustrated this perfectly on some of their blogs. Nothing, adds a more classical note to a room no matter the décor, than a finely sculpted bust.


So over here at Savoir Faire (who fully endorses this trend) we are taking things a little bit further, especially for those of you who want a little bit of an edge.


Don’t these selections of Beethoven look as if they could rock any interior? Right at home with the disco version of Beethoven’s 5th.


Lenin has never looked as good as he does here in Dutch Delft!

David monogrammed with The Louis Vuiton logo and a gold coif!


Mix up nature and classism with a mossy, weather beaten version which would be perfect for a limited commune with nature and the arts.

Then there are the below, which I just like, no reason, I just think they are really cool.






So lets bust out with some savoir faire!

17 comments:

  1. OH wow! These are so interesting :) Remind me of my Classical Studies days! Funny how it always comes back in everything we do..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them and love the comical aspect. I think adding some whit to your home makes it great.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought i might scroll down and see tits; not that i wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´d love to have the one with glasses haha so funny..and of course the LV...and answering to your question...well I hope I get to be at least SOMEONE in the music industry..is a harsh world...but is what I love so...nothing more than to keep on trying hehe

    xx
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really Your its post very cool. i think great idea in the post . nice details and attractive photo's in your post. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. very wonder full creativity and so nice.................

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I havent visited for a while David ... I love these busts!
    Lenin in dutch Delft and the yellow dude with the eyelash are my favourites.
    Have a great week.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. ===============================================

    Again a super post David !
    And my three fav are the very modern ones !
    Beethoven + the two after him

    Have a super day.
    Oh ! Question : Did you already show your own interior here ?
    If yes, could you tell me the date ?
    Have a great day !
    Kiss-Kiss !
    ===============================================

    ReplyDelete
  9. David, what a great posting! I have in my studio a paper maché owl that started out as a decoy. I've been thinking of painting it as a blue night scene, and your posting has inspired me further.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My favorite is the double sided bust.

    I have one that I bought at some godawful hobby store. I won't divulge the horribleness. But, it actually looks fairly cool. It's sporting multiple turquoise necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of these!! Both the classic and comical could happily find a place in my home!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quite Cheeky and Marvelous!
    Marjorie
    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all of them :)

    Good to hear from you friend x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love number nine!!! Great post!! Thank you David by following my blog, I am going to follow yours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah I hadn't noticed this trend yet! I love when people point out a trend, after that I always see the trend object _everywhere_! I'm sure it will happen with these busts too.

    PS. LOVED the Clockwork orange tribute =)

    xo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi All, I am so glad that all enjoyed this post as much as I had putting it together!

    Jean-Pierre, in answer to your question, no no yet! One day!

    Linda, many thanks for your visit. Yes it is one of my favourites also. So easy to achieve!

    Jason, that can be arranged

    Jill I believe you!

    Norma, there will be none of that going on here!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin