Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Missing Lacroix!



Well, another round of Haute Couture showings are abounding this week in Paris. One name that has been sorely missed these last two years has been that of Lacroix.


Perhaps no other designer except for maybe Galiano understood Couture better than Lacroix. A master colourist and technician couture under his direction at Patou achieved a renaissance in the early 90's. However the very nature of couture and the incredible expense involved proved unlucky for Lacroix.





His couture is just as relevant as that being produced today, and are classic pieces in workmanship, colour, texture and dramatic effect!




So while other bloggers in the blogosphere are concentrating on this weeks collections I am going back to all the fantasy, luxury and savoir faire that was Lacroix! Enjoy!








12 comments:

  1. Lacroix is just amazing...I´ve too miss it on the haute couture shows...but thanks for taking the time of displaying this wonderful pictures for us

    Greetings
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally agree, his colour his sensational.

    happy australia day david : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you decided to "go back". Really enjoyed this peak into the not so distant past!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! That element of fantasy is missing, and the timing seems so right for a fantasy revival. Of course, I can't help but think of Ab-Fab, when I think of Lacroix...Darhling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lacroix, I always did. Wonderful post. Wonderful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David, I miss him too. I always thought of Christian lacroix is one of the most interesting in the list of the Fashion Houses presenting Haute Couture Collections. Each time I would spend countless hours absorbing every single detail. To me, he is one of the greatest couturiers of the 20TH century. I hope we did not see the last of him and that he is just taking a little breather before coming back. Woulldn't it be one of the greatest come backs ever? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely blog you have here.. Nice pictures and good inspiration..
    I like your fashion cense!
    Wanna be followers? Let me know ;)

    Love from Stockholm.. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these images are beautiful! i am adding you to my fashion blogroll.

    xo
    Amy R.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ador his creations one of the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lorenabr, I think we all adore Lacroix!

    Amy R, - many thanks for the addition.

    Kim'n'roll, they never cease to amaze me!

    Emma, many thanks for your visit and comment. I am now following you as your blog is wonderful.

    Anya, yes I also think that he is one of the greatest! Now as you suggest that would be a wonderful comeback!

    Joe, no Lacroix in your closet??

    Traveller, Lacroix, sweetie, Lacroix sweetie! Loved Ab Fab

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such amazing photos David- you need to come back for a holiday ;)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin