Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Gold is Sexy!

Think gold body paint and what do we usually come up with? James Bond and Goldfinger! The image of a partially naked, gold painted woman lying face down on a bed inert of all life has been etched on our minds. However the complete opposite is the case of Orlane’s advertising campaign for their masculine Derrick fragrance of the seventies. Here we have a man who was probably good looking without the paint, however dip him in liquid gold, have him laugh and throw his head back and we have an image that is oh so incredibly sexy and creates an impact! I remember this from my formative teenage years and even had it adorn one of my exercise books at school. Now I say, ‘I’ll have whatever he is wearing!”


7 comments:

  1. I found your blog from the beautiful Couture Millinery Atelier and thought I would stop by. You certainly have put me in a gold mood today, and I am now your newest follower. :)

    xo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that this look is sexy but it sure looks cool!

    -Dean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this David! The way he is throwing his head back....hmm, kind want to run my fingers through his hair! Maybe I just said too much, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, many thanks for visiting Savoir Faire! I love Anya's blog and am just about to go and visit yours!

    Dean, MM when I was a young teenager, I thought him incredibly sexy!

    Anna, I am right there with you!

    Costra, so very bold

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gold is my favorite color. And 8 88 by Comme des Garcons is an amazing representation of the scent. I wear it to bed at night.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin