Thursday, August 5, 2010

Old Fashioned Savoir Faire

Call me old fashioned, however I always carry a clean pressed handkerchief with me. I am not talking a pocket square here, but actually those that you blow you nose on! (Shock horror). I loathe tissues. A friend of mine here loves the fact that I still use a handkerchief. Every year there would always be a box of handkerchiefs as part of a Christmas or birthday gift from my Grandmother, usually white Irish linen with a big letter ‘D’ in one corner in blue.


I like them plain and usually white. Sometimes a splash of colour or pattern is ok depending on what I am wearing, but usually white is the go.




However I can’t resist these from Thornback and Peel. I love the look and feel of these and the cute little screen prints. Definitely savoir faire here when you whip it out of your pocket.



5 comments:

  1. Oh -love them all! I think I like pure white as it can be bleached. Call me a germophobe. I would love to carry a hankerchief but they always feel so bulky in my pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be time for a revival. I tie one to my wrist to dab off the perspiration (though I was taught by my GranMa to say I was feeling the heat-rather. Mine are used expressly in the summer and range from paisley to bright solids. Love the doves here. pgt

    ReplyDelete
  3. ATTENTION!

    A VERY IMPORTANT TIP FOR ALL SINGLE-MEN:

    Expensive, personalized handkerchiefs are very useful when you are at the first date and want a second one. Make her use it! She won't give it back dirty, it has to be washed. So, you have to meet again!
    :-D
    .
    .
    .
    .
    I know it from my own experience.
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clean pressed handkerchief = Class
    enough said

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe, you are a clever girl.

    Architect- yes white is good so that you can bleach, however there are some good colour alternaitives out there.

    Belle, my sentiments exactly.

    Augrey, yep I think a revival is in order. I like to have fun sometimes with little splashes of colour

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin