Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Deck the Halls with a Conscience

Ok, I am succumbing and there is no escaping it! Christmas is coming and all the decorations are up, merchants are pushing their wears and money is being made. I usually think December 1st is a good date to start thinking Christmas and hauling the decorations out.

So why not decorate with a conscience and buy your decorations from somewhere where you know that it is also going to help others into the bargain! (Isn’t this part of the Christmas spirit). As most of you know I volunteer at Ten Thousand Villages (an organisation that promotes sustainable employment within developing nations, while supporting fair trade) and we have lots of great reasonably priced decorations to get you in the decorating mood.

So feast your eyes on these baubles for your tree, which are reasonably priced and create an impact in more ways than one!




















10 comments:

  1. David,
    Love the message and the baubles! Just these selections would make a perfectly decorated tree!
    ~R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea and very, very pretty!! Kathysue

    ReplyDelete
  3. David these are so gorgeous and the thoughts really resonate!

    I have a $200 Giveaway from Fifi Flowers!
    Do come and enter!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous cause, and what great looking ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely David. It's wonderful that you're supporting this cause!

    H.H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ornaments for a worthy cause...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, yes, yes! I am just starting to get in the mood for Christmas! My favorite time of the year. I think I will be putting the tree up this weekend and , of course, as my very own Christmas tradition states: I would have to go shopping for several Christmas ornaments (I do it every year!). Beautiful selection, David!:-)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire your work for this organization. I'm inspired to do some myself.
    St. Francis said, "It is in giving that we receive."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thanks everyone for your comments. Volunteering is such an edifying part of my life and has bought me so much joy. Mr SWF summed it up perfectly with his St Francis quote. I always feel that there is someone else in the world who does not have what I have whether it be food, water, shelter or just dignity.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin